FYI

Monday, September 22, 2008

So my Dad will be having heart surgery in the next few days. That's why I'm currently writing from the comfort and warmth of home here in the good ol' U.S. of A. I came back to visit with him for a few days prior to his surgery as well as to be with him a bit during his recovery. I should return home to Thailand in a few days. I normally wouldn't mention, what I consider a private family matter, on the internet but the posts I'm about to make about my experiences here will require the question to be answered as to why am I even back home in the first place. Well, now you know.

As for some of the obvious questions... Yes I have been experiencing a fair amount of reverse culture shock. Americans are big and loud and holy crap are their a lot of white people around here!!

I had a discussion with a German friend of mine just the other day prior to actually making back here to the States regarding American bread. Of course she would have a negative opinion of the bread produced in the lower 48 and I felt obligated to defend the bread which made the sandwich king. At this point, I honestly can't defend any American food without understanding the point of view of my German friend. I have literally been in heaven these past view days... Mexican, Breakfast (Biscuits and Gravy), Fast food (White Castle!!) etc... and my stomach has been suffering. I can feel cancer taking hold in various parts of my body and although this is not a good thing, I will not stop unless my stomach actually explodes within my own body. Should that happen, I'll just find a goat and use his stomach.

This is in fact possible. You learn such things in a Thai village.





Holy Communion

1 comments:

Kristin Baker said...

Oh, my goodness. you are still flipping hilarious. I will be praying for your dad, and I guess for your -irreplaceable by goat- stomach . . .

 
Highway 4 - Due South - Templates para novo blogger